Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Spring...

Hello again, crafty friends!  I hope you are doing well and that you might be seeing some signs of spring where you are!  We are seeing daffodils blooming, purple blossoms on the magnolia trees, greening grass and bluebirds! Sure signs that spring is right around the corner!  These things inspired me to make a little spring card full of blue skies, blooms and butterflies!



My blue sky background is colored with Dylusions sprays in Vibrant Turquoise, London Blue, and White Linen and water color paper. I topped that with a French Lattice die from Cherry Lynn, some handmade flowers and little fluttering butterflies.

The two delicate white  handmade blossoms are a gift from my sweet, generous, and hugely talented friend Samra of Paper Talk with Samra!  Aren't they lovely? Thank you, Samra--I really love playing with my stash of Samra blooms!  Please be sure to pay Samra a visit at her lovely blog soon for a real treat!  She works magic with Shabby Chic and is a real inspiration to me!  The two larger roses (well, they are supposed to be roses!) are made using Tim Holtz Tattered Florals and given just a hint of color with Distress ink in Tumbled Glass. The whimsical flower spray is Memory Box Chloe Stem with some added bling. The leaves are cut from Tattered Lace Ornate Leaves and colored with Perfect Pearls Spray Mist in Sour Apple. This adds just a hint of shimmer in real life.





My butterflies were cut from hand colored paper and Tim Holtz Butterfly Flight die.  A real bugger to cut, because my paper was really too thick with all the medium applied.  I started with watercolor paper, sprayed with Dylusions Bubblegum Pink, textured with a Tim Holtz Dot Fade stencil and texture paste, and colored again with Lumin Arte Silks Acrylic Glaze in Boysenberry. Because there is mica in the paint, these little flutters really catch the light in real life.

I added a stamped sentiment from Stampin' Up, inked in Watering Can Archival, and blended with Tumbled Glass.  It is framed with Spellbinders Twisted Metal Tags and Accents, which I edged with Tumbled Glass and added some bling. My crinkly bow is made from my vintage seam binding colored with Silks Glaze in Jasmine.






I would like to enter my card into the following inspiring challenges:
Scrapy Land Challenge # 36 Tie One On (include a bow-die cut or ribbon) I used the following brands of dies:  Cherry Lynn, Tattered Lace, Sizzix, Memory Box, and Spellbinders.
Happy Little Stampers February Mixed Media Challenge Paint I used paint on my butterflies and bow. One stamp-sentiment.
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Shake It Up! I shook up my Dylusions sprays to get my blue sky and snappy butterflies and Perfect Pearls to get some shimmer!
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Inspired By a Song I was humming 'What a Wonderful World' by Louis Armstrong the entire time I was making this card recalling these verses:  (I didn't see where we had to include the words on our project.)

"I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world
I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day and the dark sacred night
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world"

Thank you for stopping in today, and for all your lovely comments! I read and truly appreciate each and every one of them!
Hugs and Blessings!
Sara Emily

33 comments:

  1. a beautiful make Sara - I adore the background and that gigantic flower - beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges this month and good luck! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the shout out Sara :) Your card is so fun and beautifully bright! Love it!
    Hugs

    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this is like a breath of fresh spring air!! I love this, Sara!! The colors are beautiful!! The Samra blooms are gorgeous!! I love the butterflies fluttering about!! Stunning card!! Thank you so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know how much I love bright colours, Sara! This is awesome with those beautiful blooms and flowers! Super cool butterflies and I love your perfect bow! Stunning, my friend! Big hugs to you! Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oohhhhh, I love that song!! Gorgeous card Sara! Seems we are both have bold and beautiful mojo moments this week! Love that gorgeous bow, wow does that pink ever pop against the aqua background. Love the lattice, what a summery die cut and perfect for your fluttering butterflies! How sweet of Samra to send you some flowers, they are beautiful and so are yours!! Glorious spring card my friend, I love it! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love that big flower. Thanks for playing along with us over at Inkspirational! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sara as always beautiful work!! I absolutely love your colour combination... thanks for playing along with us at Emerald Creek Dares!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome project, Sara Emily, love it!!! And yes, I think there must have been something in the air... for sure!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This happy summer/spring project is delightful and so makes me long for brighter days! Gorgeous layers and details! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful blue background withe the lattice. The flowers and butterflies are so pretty. I love this card. Thank you so much for joining our 220th challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Your creation is inspiring and very beautiful. Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, how I love these colors! Gorgeous, gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, beautiful. The flowers are amazing and go perfectly with your background!

    Toni
    HLS DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. wawwww så super flot ♥

    10000 tak for at du deltager på Card and scraps udfordring.

    knuzzzz ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh what a delight this bright card for these grey rainy days here! Yes daffodils and magnolias are blooming in my garden too, but I prefer admiring your card in front of my fireplace...!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card! I absolutely love that colour combination!
    Thanks for sharing it at Emerald Creek Dares
    {julia} Emerald Creek DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Sara and such a stunning floral arrangement.
    Hugs, Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Spring has spring with this pop of color card! That lattice die cut is marvelous with the white against the blue! Love the flowers and Aamra was so very sweet to send you some she designed as well! She's a doll! This design is so fun and energetic! I wish my sky was that blue right meow. Oh happy days! Hehe! Awesome sauce Sara! Hugz to you muffin! ~Punkin

    ReplyDelete
  18. Are you sure Spring is really on its way? The colors you used are gorgeous Sara Emily. Of course great card designing and skill along with gorgeous colors make for one beautiful card and your card is beautiful!!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sara Emily -you have created a fabulous background for those flowers! And yes, Spring is on the way - thank you for the wonderful reminder and inspiration!! Love that die cut - brilliant!! xxx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  20. such a beautiful card Sara inspired by a beautiful song...great use of colour and with so much detail...thank you for sharing at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning colours and a beautiful design Sara, love it.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just beautiful, Sara! I love the vibrant colors and those flowers are awesome!! So refreshing to see something "springy" as we just got dumped on with snow here. Thank you for adding me to your circles :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card Sara! Love the burst of vibrant colors! Your flowers are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a bright and pretty card Sara! No daffodils here yet but I heard our first robin singing away in the tree tops this evening, Spring is springing! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. So pretty Sara - a wonderful combinations of light and airy but vivid and bright too. It's obvious that your butterflies just love that french lattice. Just BEAUTIFULLY FUN! XXj.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sara, this is the most beautiful celebration of spring! You achieved the loveliest blues for your background and how I adore the butterflies and blossoms. Samra's flowers are stunning and it's so sweet of her to gift you some! The bright pink ribbon is gorgeous. Every aspect of this card sings of spring and I love it to bits. :o) Beautifully done, my sweet and talented friend. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nydelig vårkort med fine detaljer.
    Takk for at du deltar på KortoManias utfordring.
    Klem fra Sissel

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! What a fabulous cheerful card this is! Those colours really sing! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a gorgeous card. The embellishments are fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. How sweet is this! Beautiful colors my friend!
    hugs xx Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is so pretty ... those blooms are gorgeous!! Thank you for playing along with the HLS Mixed Media challenge. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is amazing, love the colours you have chosen for Spring my lovely!! Hope you're keeping well xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.